Q: Bad car thermostat

I have bad heat thermostat and I ordered one online it takes 2 weeks to arrive can I drive my car without thermostat for 2 weeks?

A: Hi there. The heating control valve or ther...

Hi there. The heating control valve or thermostat is responsible for sending recently heated coolant from the cooling tubes and to your heater core. As long as you keep your heater turned "off", it shouldn't impact the operation of your vehicle. If it's the radiator thermostat you're referring to, then by all means you should replace that ASAP before taking the car out on the road.