Q: Q: My car goes into limp mode.

My vdc and slip light comes on. I changed my MAF and erased the code but it came back, I then scanned my abs and found the C1130 code. I erased everything but in my ecm the p0101 code is in it without the engine light on. I've check the vdc ecm and abs fuses they're all good. I'm stuck I don't know what else to all I've being told is go to the dealer to get my computer reprogrammed. Is this really the issue thanks in advance.

Hi there. The code C1130 that was cleared was either for the ECM (computer to the vehicle) or the ABS controller unit having a fault. The code p0101 if for the mass air flow sensor (MAF) is reoccurring for the circuit having a malfunction. Right after clearing the codes and the MAF code comes back up, then the computer is unable to detect the MAF in the vehicle. Check the harness to the MAF and make sure that its plugged in. Also, check the pins and make sure that they are not burned. Moisture or contamination on the pins will cause the MAF to not function and not communicate with the computer. I recommend replacing the MAF is the harness is connected and there is no issues with it. If you need further assistance with diagnosing your vehicle in limp mode, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Q: My car goes into limp mode.