Q: 2008 VW Jetta AC not cold

The AC blows good and strong. Just not cold. when I turn the AC on the vents blow and I do not notice any drag on the engine or any noise.

I see there are different AC services on here, like Compressor replacement, AC repair, AC inspection. Which service do I need to go with? Do I need to pay for an AC inspection, then AC repair based on what was found? Need direction on right approach to getting the AC fixed and of course mindful of cost. The car has 56,000 original miles on it.

Thanks, Allen

Hi Allen. By far the best way to have your AC system correctly diagnosed is by having an AC inspection completed first. By having one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location to diagnose the issue correctly, it significantly minimizes the mistakes in completing the wrong service. In your case, the issue could be as simple as needing to have the AC system recharged, or there is an existing leak that needs to be repaired before refilling the refrigerant. Best economic bet is to have the AC inspection completed first.

3. 2008 VW Jetta AC not cold