2013 GMC Terrain stalls when accelerating from a stop ter...

Q: 2013 GMC Terrain stalls when accelerating from a stop

asked by on August 14, 2017

Why does my truck stall as I'm giving gas after a full stop?

There are many potential causes for your concern. However, there are a couple common problems with your model vehicle that come to mind. First, this vehicle is known for having problems with the variable valve timing (VVT) system. The VVT system employs a camshaft-mounted actuator to change the angle of the camshaft. This in turn, adjusts intake and exhaust valve timing. Actuator operation is controlled by oil pressure delivered from a solenoid. The engine control module (ECM) determines solenoid control. A bad VVT actuator or solenoid could be the cause of the concern, or is could be a more serious problem the VVT system. Secondly, I believe there is a technical service bulletin (TSB) that recommends reprogramming the ECM for this concern, but I couldn’t find the number. Diagnosing a problem like this can be difficult. I recommend you a have a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, fix this stalling problem for you.