Q: If I turn the air ride off while it is inflated, will it stay inflated?

Replaced the air bags on the air ride but now the compressor is failing but I can't afford to take it to the shop for 3 days and I was hoping to make do until then.

Hello. For most vehicles, the air suspension should stay inflated once the compressor is powered off or deactivated. In some cases, the release valve is also powered off when the compressor is powered off, allowing the system to stay inflated even if the compressor is not on. In some cases, you can remove the fuse for the compressor once the suspension has inflated, and it will stay on.

If the system does not stay inflated, then there is likely a leak in the system that needs to be addressed, or it is not a type of system that will hold air without a functioning compressor.

Keep in mind that even if the suspension does stay inflated, the compressor will need to be replaced in order to restore full functionality to the system. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to replace the compressor so that this can be addressed.

3. If I turn the air ride off while it is inflated, will it stay inflated?