Q: Break Pedal Started to make noise when pressing and releasing it

My break Peddle just started making a weird, squeaking noise when u first press it and when letting off of it, I haven't noticed any problems in the actual breaking system, I've heard this is a common problem on Jeeps and usually requires some WD40 or Silicone spray on the bushings but it is annoying and has me worried, anyone have any ideas????

Brake Pedal is hard to push Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there, a variety of issues will cause noise when the brake pedal is pressed and released on your 2002 Chevrolet Tracker. The most common issues is the pedal return spring, the pedal mount, or the brake pedal rod itself. While the problem often does not effect the performance of the braking system noise when the pedal is pressed can indicate an issue with the brake pedal master cylinder or brake booster. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your brake pedal issues and make any repairs required.