Car not moving when in drive. durango transmissions 1999 ...

Q: Car not moving when in drive.

The car will move in reverse, but can't seem to move forward, in drive, when the gas is applied.

This is usually caused by a valve body or leaking pressure inside the transmission. The transmission would need a complete check with the correct scanner and pressure testers to find the cause of your problem. I would recommend having a mechanic, like the certified ones at YourMechanic, come and check it out for you to see what could be causing the problem. You may have a simple fix or a major transmission issue. The only way to find out is to have it checked.