Q: my car engine is smoking. can I safely drive it to dealer? (10 miles)

asked by on April 13, 2017

my car engine is smoking. can I safely drive it to dealer? (10 miles)

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It depends on the source of the smoke. If the vehicle is overheating, any use could quickly ruin the engine. If the smoke is from engine oil dripping onto a hot exhaust manifold, you could end up with an engine fire. Smoke is serious so the bottom line is unless you know exactly why it’s smoking there is no other prudent course but to just not drive the vehicle until it’s repaired. As you may know, YourMechanic is a mobile service so if you need a diagnostic and repair you need bring the car anywhere because the fully equipped, certified Mechanic will be dispatched right to your location. In your circumstance, if you desire mobile service, please simply request an engine diagnostic - visible smoke and the responding certified mechanic will travel right to your location and get this diagnosed and resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr