Brand new toyota yaris iA. Have 500 miles on it. After st...

Q: Brand new toyota yaris iA. Have 500 miles on it. After starting it yesterday,wrench indicator was visible in the dashboard.

asked by on May 14, 2017

Bought brand new Toyota Yaris iA with 23 miles on it. First problem was with the steering wheels. Felt that there's a problem in the wheel alignment. Brought it back to Toyota. They tests it and it failed. The front wheels are both out. Told me that they'll fix it tomorrow. Tomorrow morning,they said to test it again. It passed. Asked them to test to another machine cause yesterday it just failed. They tested it and again,it failed. Drive the car with the mechanic. Told me to put miles on the car because it's still adjusting since its brand new. Up until now,driving the car for 2 weeks,the steering wheels keeps on pissing me off. Second problem was when I reached 550 miles in just 2 weeks. Turned on the car and the wrenched indicator on my dashboard appeared. Says its a preset maintenance schedule. Is it normal for a brand new car to have issues like that?

Unless a brand new car has product or assembly defects, or was damaged prior to sale, it should operate flawlessly. If the mechanic told you that alignment defects, or deficiencies of any kind, might exist during a new car "break-in" period, that is a blatantly false statement. Federal and State "lemon laws" protect you in the event that a fault with a new car under warranty is not repaired by the new car dealer after a reasonable number of "attempts". Consequently, if there are presently problems with the car, that are covered under the warranty, and you have made (or will be making) repetitive requests of the dealer that those problems be fixed and yet you still have the problems, the thing to do is seek recourse under the state or Federal "lemon law". Be sure to thoroughly document (get paperwork from the dealer) each attempt that you have made to get the vehicle repaired. If there is maintenance required on the vehicle, such as oil and filter changes or non warranty repairs of any complexity, please avail yourself of YourMechanic’s cost effective mobile repair service. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.