Q: Where and how do I check the transmission fluid? 2007 Toyota Tundra

Where and how do I check the transmission fluid?

Hi there - there is an oil port on the side of the transmission case where oil level can be checked. Requires getting the truck up on a lift. There is a specific process (and fluid temperature) for this check, and the Toyota diagnostic tool is involved as well. This is a lifetime lube" transmission. If it isn’t leaking, and you have no bad behavior or problem codes, I wouldn’t worry about it. Given your mileage, I would recommend a transmission fluid and filter change by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. Toyota recommends NOT flushing the fluid; only a drain and refill.

3. Where and how do I check the transmission fluid? 2007 Toyota Tundra