Q: Cooling system performance issue with my car.

My Check Engine light came on. I went to Advanced Auto to have it diagnosed and they gave me a code P2181. What can I do to get my problem fixed and soon?

A: The code that is set in your car’s computer...

The code that is set in your car’s computer indicated that there is a cooling system problem. Based on my service information it is indicating that there is a high likelihood that either your coolant thermostat or [coolant temperature sensor has failed. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to diagnose the problem with your cooling system so the failed component can be replaced.