Q: Cooling system performance issue with my car.

My Check Engine light came on. I went to Advanced Auto to have it diagnosed and they gave me a code P2181. What can I do to get my problem fixed and soon?

Coolant Temperature Switch (Sensor) Replacement $88.56 - $381.95 Get a Quote

The code that is set in your car’s computer indicated that there is a cooling system problem. Based on my service information it is indicating that there is a high likelihood that either your coolant thermostat or [coolant temperature sensor has failed. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to diagnose the problem with your cooling system so the failed component can be replaced.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr