Q: Car makes high-pitched squealing noise from air conditioner

asked by on February 12, 2016

My car is making a constant, high-pitched squealing noise. The air conditioner will be working and then stop and begin to blow out hot air.

If your car is making a high pitched noise and having air conditioning problems, that may be a sign that there may be a problem with the blower motor, or perhaps blend door actuator. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, look over the vehicle in order to determine the cause of the noise.