Q: I pulled too close to a concrete parking stall and scraped the bottom of the front bumper. What type of damage should I look for?

I pulled too close to a concrete parking stall and scraped the bottom of the front bumper. What type of damage should I look for?

Hello. The extent of damage you should be looking for is relative to how hard that concrete blocker with hit/scraped. Its dificult to say which parts may have been effected without knowing where exactly the vehicle was hit. The radiator is relatively sensitive and located in the front. It is subject to dents and cracks. You would lilely see a leak if it was damaged. Look for the obvious physical damage. Think about what engine or transmission components beyond those damaged body parts would have taken the impact. Chances are you’re looking at some mild body damage with scratching and cracking on the bumper or skid plate. Whatever damage is behind that bumper is likely minimal. The whole point of the bumper is to absorb the impact. The skid plate protects the engine and transmission from road debris and scraping. Give it a good visual inspection, but besides cosmetics, you are likely just fine.

3. I pulled too close to a concrete parking stall and scraped the bottom of the front bumper. What type of damage should I look for?