Q: Leaking head gasket

asked by on November 28, 2016

I had the engine rebuilt 3 years ago and no longer under warranty; i cannot afford to replace the head gasket or buy a new car. I looked online at head gasket sealer; some people have had good results others haven't. I'm debating whether I should sell the car--I won't get much with the leaking head gasket I know. Or go ahead and try the sealant?

Any type of head gasket sealer is only recommended to be a temporary repair in most cases. I see some claim to be a permanent fix. I do not believe any of these any of these sealers will seal permanently. If you want to try it on your car then make sure you follow the directions on the product or the sealant may clog up radiator and heater core or thermostat and cause more problems. These sealers will not work on all head gaskets that leak.