Q: If it's my alternator how long would that take to replace?

My battery light came on. I had the battery checked and they told me that it wasn't the battery, probably the alternator but they couldn't check for that (It was a Valvoline place). The car started fine when I got out of work and the light came on. Hoping my car will start in the morning.

The battery light can come on for a few different reasons in addition to a weak battery. I would suggest having the alternator tested. If this checks out fine and the is still on, also check the voltage regulator as this can also cause a problem with charging. In terms of the time it takes to replace, this will vary depending on the skill level of the mechanic and the tools used. A certified technician from YourMechanic can diagnose the battery light properly and replace the alternator if necessary.

3. If it's my alternator how long would that take to replace?