Q: Car will crank but not fire

asked by on October 01, 2016

I ran over a chunk of asphalt. I lost my throttle and my fuel gauge quit working. The car was still running so I coasted to the shoulder and shut it off. Now the car will crank but won't fire. We tested relays and fuses, I haven't checked fuel pressure yet because I don't have a gauge but I disconnected fuel supply line at tank and pump is working.

Hello there, thanks for writing in. A few different faults could have happened when your 2011 Chevrolet Cruze ran over the asphalt chunk. The most common would be a failed fuel line, damaged wiring, loose connections, or fuel leak. If you would like help, consider having a qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose your crank no start condition and make any repairs required to get the vehicle up and running again. Hope this helps and best of luck!