Q: when I start moving the car vibrate on each gear.first gear till the last gear then it moves ok

asked by on December 26, 2016

How do I fix my car that vibrates when changing gears soon as the car heats up

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. A couple of things may be happening. One of which is that the transmission fluid is getting warm and not providing the properties it should be. This would mean the transmission is having trouble performing its job which is causing the shaking and vibrations. You will want to check the level and condition of your transmission fluid. If it is low or discolored you will want to change it out. Another possibility is that the engine and transmission mounts are wearing down. When these components are doing their normal functions, the mounts are not providing the support they should. You would feel the extra forces instead of them being transferred to the vehicle. You would likely fee this at all times however. Further testing is needed. For more help diagnosing the shaking, contact our service department.