Q: Car is misfiring, losign power and sputtering

Hello. I'm having some troubles with my car misfiring. The first time of the day, like in the morning, the car would misfire but I would be able to start it. It would calm down. But, now it happens while I'm driving. The car loses power and sputters a lot. What should I chack first? Thank you in advance.

The first thing to check is the computer for any codes. If you are getting misfire codes like P030x, then you have a cylinder that is misfiring. The "x" is the cylinder that is misfiring. Also look for a bad coil, wire, or plug. If you need to help diagnosing your car’s misfiring issue, then get in touch with a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come and scan the computer and do a visual check of all the pertinent components.

3. Car is misfiring, losign power and sputtering