Q: steering wheel turned to the far right and locked in place while the wheel are straight. and I can't turn the key.

my steering wheel is locked into place and It's turned to the far right. I can't turn the ignition key on. The front wheels are in a forward default position. I have tried to turn the wheel right to left while attempting to turn the key. I have also tried turning the wheel right to left without turning the key, nothing seems to work. When i try to push on the brakes to see if I could release the car from park position neither the breaks or the gears seem to move.

A: Hi there. From the description you have pro...

Hi there. From the description you have provided, concerning your vehicle’s steering wheel is locked far right and key won’t turn with the front wheels in a forward default position, is somewhat confusing to me. It could be, undo pressure is being applied to the steering wheel lock. You could try, physically moving the left front tire side to side in either direction, to relieve the pressure on the steering wheel lock. It could be, the key you are using has a problem, try another key if available. It could be, the ignition lock cylinder is at fault. I recommend having your vehicle’s can’t turn the key be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.