Q: The vehicle is experiencing a lack off power.

G'day Robert, i drive a 1997 1FZ-FE FZJ80R 4.5L petrol Toyota Land cruiser,the vehicle is experiencing a lack of power and throttling between the RPM ranges of 2200-2800 only on hwy use, between 100 and 120 kms per hr in hwy gears.It's never had this problem before. It does not have an idle problem, pinging, stalling ,misfire or knocking problem. The timing is set at 7 degrees, The engine light does not appear at any stage . The parts that i have changed so far and are all genuine toyota parts, which i will list for you below. Spark Plugs,Ignition Leads,Air Flow Meter, Air Filter,Fuel Filter, Distributor .These parts where changed on the 18/11/2016. This vehicle has no oxygen sensor as the exhaust manifold has been changed with pacemaker extractors. The parts i haven't changed are> Throttle Position Sensor and Knock Sensors, Do you think these parts may be the problem ?

Your throttle position sensor is a possibility if there is a spot along the sensor that is damaged. The vehicle data can be watched with a professional scan tool. As you sweep the throttle, you should see the voltage change at a steady pace. You may see the voltage reading drop out when the sensor pickup passes over the dead zones. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out and take a closer look at the lack of power concern and offer a more personal diagnosis.

3. The vehicle is experiencing a lack off power.