Q: Flashing check engine light - 2005 Ford Ranger

I have a 2005 ranger and I jus recently changed plugs and wires and today the check engine light flashes bout five times and my truck was shaking then it stopped flashing and truck ran fine it done it again on my way home what could this b help pls

A: Hey there. You should probably have another...

Hey there. You should probably have another look at your plugs and wires to see if the work was done correctly. Something may not be well connected causing an intermittent misfire. The Check Engine Light comes on steady when the computer detects a misfire or other malfunction. If the Check Engine Light is flashing, it means the malfunction is bad enough to cause damage to the catalytic converter. If you are equipped to read the trouble codes, they will tell you which cylinder(s) the misfire was detected on. That will help speed up locating your problem.

If you are not equipped to read the trouble codes, you can contact YourMechanic to come and scan it for you. They can diagnose the Check Engine Light and misfiring symptoms so that these issues can be resolved.