Q: Electronic Throttle Control Light comes on while driving but doesn't stay on

My ETC light comes on while driving but does not stay on. I haven't noticed any issues with acceleration. Any suggestions on what this could be and advice on what to do? Thanks

As you know, this controls the throttle plate inside the throttle body allowing air/fuel to pass through into the motor. Typically on start up, this light will come on for a few seconds as it performs a self test, but should go off within 1-3 seconds.

If it comes on while driving, this may signify that there may potentially be a fault issue at play here. If there is no difference in acceleration issues, the problem may not be significant enough to cause other systems to trigger a fault code. For further help having this ETC Light checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to have this taken care of.

3. Electronic Throttle Control Light comes on while driving but doesn't stay on