Q: Electronic Throttle Control Light comes on while driving but doesn't stay on

My ETC light comes on while driving but does not stay on. I haven't noticed any issues with acceleration. Any suggestions on what this could be and advice on what to do? Thanks

A: As you know, this controls the throttle pla...

As you know, this controls the throttle plate inside the throttle body allowing air/fuel to pass through into the motor. Typically on start up, this light will come on for a few seconds as it performs a self test, but should go off within 1-3 seconds.

If it comes on while driving, this may signify that there may potentially be a fault issue at play here. If there is no difference in acceleration issues, the problem may not be significant enough to cause other systems to trigger a fault code. For further help having this ETC Light checked, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to have this taken care of.