Q: It has a service engine soon light and i dont know what it means?

My pontiac the cadilac converter was clogged up i took it to the shop and they fixed it now it has a service engine soon light what could it be?

The service engine soon light inspection would be needed by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to find out why the light came on. The light is only and indicator that the computer in the car has detected a problem and turns on the light to warn you there is a problem. The on board computer will store a code in memory that the mechanic can retrieve and diagnose the cause of the code. Since you had a clogged exhaust catalyst and it was fixed then a sensor like one of the exhaust O2 sensors may have been damaged from the bad catalyst and need replaced. I would recommend having the mechanic come to you and scan the computer and do the pinpoint test to find the cause of the light coming on then a quote can be given for the needed repairs.