Q: Green coolant accidentally mixed with red coolant

I mix red to green coolant accidentally after i replace the radiator i did not drive the car yet just turn the egine and after 10 min it started the ovet heat so i add more Coolant and same thing over head it temperature is at 3/4 high i change the thermostat before and was good. Also the radiator fan stop it was working before so i dont know whether over heat was casuse mixing coolant red and green

Or is it engine coolant sensor is not working or the radiator fan is not working

Please help

A: Hey there. The two coolant chemical composi...

Hey there. The two coolant chemical compositions are different and may cause corrosive action or gelling of the mixture. If it becomes corrosive, it may damage gaskets and metal components in the engine. If the mixture becomes gelled, then it may clog the engine, radiator, thermostat, and heater core passages. The coolant should be drained as soon as possible and flushed out with water a couple times then put in fresh 50/50 mixture of correct coolant. A certified technician from YourMechanic can assist with a coolant flush and perform any other adjustments at your home or office if needed.