Q: My alternator went out so I replaced it and also had put in new battery. Now it shuts off once I put it in drive.

Every time I put it in drive it shuts off...

A: Hi there. It would seem unusual, after repl...

Hi there. It would seem unusual, after replacing your vehicle alternator and battery, it would stall when put into drive. There is a possibility, the ECM (Engine Control Module) needs to relearn idle speed. Many vehicle engine computers have adaptive learn capabilities. This means driving the vehicle may be necessary if, you can keep the engine running, for the ECM to relearn. It may be, a stuck and/or dirty idle air control valve. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I recommend having your vehicle’s stalling condition inspected and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.