Q: what needs to be removed to replace oil pan on a 2006 Kia Sedona?

asked by on April 27, 2017

Need to replace leaking oil pan (rust hole). What are the steps and what needs to be removed and reinstalled?

If the defect is in the lower pan, you need only remove the lower engine cover. If the upper pan is damaged and has to be replaced, you’ll need the Service Manual as removal of the upper pan is a 10 hour job and requires major disassembly. If you desire assistance with either segment (upper or lower) of the pan, please request oil pan/gasket replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.