Q: Creaking Sound coming from passenger front side when driving

There is a pretty significant creaking sound on the right side of my Volvo XC90. I'm trying to get an idea of what could be causing the problem. It occurs frequently when driving the car and it is loud enough that I'm afraid the wheel will break off. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello. A creaking sound can be caused by a wide variety of issues. A few common causes are worn suspension components or bushings. The first thing I would do is try to identify where the noise is coming from, and then carefully inspect that area.

Creaking can be caused by worn suspension components, such as links, joints, or springs. It may also be possible that some of the bushings in these components, or in the chassis, may be worn or dried out and squeaking as a result.

If the noise is coming from up front, it may be possible that the noise is related to the steering system.

I would first determine the area where the noise may be originating from and conduct a careful inspection of the components in that area. If you believe the vehicle is unsafe to drive, I would then recommend having a professional diagnose the noise for you.

3. Creaking Sound coming from passenger front side when driving