Q: Can I repair the 5/16 nylon fuel line (high pressure line) with a splice of the smaller 3/8 nylon fuel line using a hose splice?

Instead of buying the Dorman fuel line repair kit... My car has 215000 miles.

A: Hello. The fuel line is under fuel pressure...

Hello. The fuel line is under fuel pressure and should only be repaired using a repair that is using an approved repair with certified parts. Using the wrong fuel line repair parts may cause a fuel line to rupture causing a leak and fire hazard. I would recommend using only certified repair parts and methods. Replace the entire fuel line if a suitable repair kit is not found. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to perform this service if you would like further assistance.