Q: Can I repair the 5/16 nylon fuel line (high pressure line) with a splice of the smaller 3/8 nylon fuel line using a hose splice?

asked by on October 30, 2016

Instead of buying the Dorman fuel line repair kit... My car has 215000 miles.

Hello. The fuel line is under fuel pressure and should only be repaired using a repair that is using an approved repair with certified parts. Using the wrong fuel line repair parts may cause a fuel line to rupture causing a leak and fire hazard. I would recommend using only certified repair parts and methods. Replace the entire fuel line if a suitable repair kit is not found. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to perform this service if you would like further assistance.