Q: The vehicle shudders and makes a whirring noise at 50 mph when letting off the accelerator. Any idea on Problem?

I have a 2007 Honda Pilot w/ automatic trans. The vehicle shudders and makes a whirring noise at 50 mph when letting off the accelerator. It appears to be speed dependent and not affected by turning the vehicle. I don't notice any issues when pressing the accelerator, only letting off of it. Sounds like noise is coming from right in front of drivers side.

Hello there, there are a few potential causes for the vehicle to have a whirring noise like this. The most common would be a drive shaft joint, CV axle, warped brake rotor, or a bent wheel. I’d recommend getting some help from a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose the noise and driving symptoms you’ve described and perform any repairs required.

3. The vehicle shudders and makes a whirring noise at 50 mph when letting off the accelerator. Any idea on Problem?