Q: Engine knocking and engine light on

asked by on February 06, 2016

When I started my car today, the engine was knocking, so I gave it more gas, and it started fine. Then, the engine light came on.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. If the Check Engine Light is on, then it would help to know what codes are coming up. The computer codes would help a mechanic find a starting point to determine the problem. From the description of the problem, this can be caused by a fuel injector that leaks excessive fuel into a cylinder, or it can be the start of an internal engine problem. A mechanic would definitely start with the codes. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the Check Engine Light and repair the damaged parts.