Q: Engine knocking and engine light on

When I started my car today, the engine was knocking, so I gave it more gas, and it started fine. Then, the engine light came on.

A: Hello. If the Check Engine Light is on, the...

Hello. If the Check Engine Light is on, then it would help to know what codes are coming up. The computer codes would help a mechanic find a starting point to determine the problem. From the description of the problem, this can be caused by a fuel injector that leaks excessive fuel into a cylinder, or it can be the start of an internal engine problem. A mechanic would definitely start with the codes. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the Check Engine Light and repair the damaged parts.