Q: Rodeo is losing all antifrezxe but is not running hot . Why ?

1997 Rodeo is losing all antifrezxe after it's parked , but it does not run hot.Why ?

If the coolant level is so low that the temperature sensor that is threaded into the cooling passageways does not contact any coolant, you could get a false reading on the dash temperature gauge. In addition, it is possible that the gauge is not working properly or perhaps the coolant level is not as low as you might fear. Depending on the particulars of the engine design, and operating circumstances, you can be a little low on coolant and not necessarily overheat the engine but if the coolant loss is substantial, the engine will definitely overheat and suffer damage (typically warping of the metal parts but there are other effects as well). Engine coolant can leak externally through a hose, radiator, water pump, etc. or internally due to a leaking head gasket and sometimes a leaking intake manifold gasket depending on the engine design. External leaks are typically found by simple pressure testing of the cooling system. To find the leak that exists in your case, and get the required repair estimated, please request an engine cooling system leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.