Q: believe i have a bad power steering pump, how much does that job cost usually? now my car is having trouble starting, any relation

i believe i have a bad power steering pump, car sounds like chewbacca from when i first start the car until i turn it off, now the car is having trouble starting, sounds like it wants to start, but its just to weak to start. what might this be? any relation between a bad power steering pump and the car not wanting to start? id appreciate your feedback. thank you in advance! 1999 subaru outback legacy, 195000 miles.

A: You will need to have the engine checked to...

You will need to have the engine checked to see if it was a starter drive that was stuck and you burned up the starter. It may be the starter that was making the noise. I recommend having this checked by a certified mechanic to diagnose the no start, and then see if the power steering is still noisy.