Q: believe i have a bad power steering pump, how much does that job cost usually? now my car is having trouble starting, any relation

i believe i have a bad power steering pump, car sounds like chewbacca from when i first start the car until i turn it off, now the car is having trouble starting, sounds like it wants to start, but its just to weak to start. what might this be? any relation between a bad power steering pump and the car not wanting to start? id appreciate your feedback. thank you in advance! 1999 subaru outback legacy, 195000 miles.

You will need to have the engine checked to see if it was a starter drive that was stuck and you burned up the starter. It may be the starter that was making the noise. I recommend having this checked by a certified mechanic to diagnose the no start, and then see if the power steering is still noisy.

3. believe i have a bad power steering pump, how much does that job cost usually? now my car is having trouble starting, any relation