Q: Burning oil

asked by on October 29, 2016

Buring oil and smokes in the morning and rough start to. But it heats up run good

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The engine has valve guide oil seals that prevents oil puddling up onto the valve and allowing the valve to suck in the oil. The valve guide seals are leaking too much and causing excessive oil to enter the combustion chamber. I recommend replacing the valve guide seals. This will require to remove the cylinder head. When the cylinder head is off, I recommend checking the valve to guide clearance for excessive wear. If you need further assistance diagnosing your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you.