Q: Engine making weird noises.

My engine is making a weird noise. In addition, my AC/Heat is making noises and my dashboard is rattling. I have a few other issues I would like someone to look at as well.

A: Seeking a mechanics advice when car issues ...

Seeking a mechanics advice when car issues come up is always a good idea. Especially when it comes to engine noises. Since I don’t know what kind of noise you are hearing, I will try to explain what is important information to give the technician checking it out. Try using descriptive words like moan, squeak, groan, knock, tapping, etc when describing a noise. Also any reference data of when the noise is made is important for example: when I first start my car in the morning it makes a tapping sound. Or my car makes a groaning sound when turning left after it rains. The more specific you get with your description the easier it will be to identify which of all the noises heard is the one that is out of place. Remember you are the one who knows what the car sounds like on a regular basis. The A/C noises and rattling in the dash can be caused by several things. If you park under a tree, the leaves can make their way into the vent system and rattle around when you turn the blower on. Actuators are motors that control flaps in your cars heating and a/c system to direct air. If an actuator is starting to fail, it sometimes makes a clicking, ticking noise. The actuators are located behind the dashboard area. So that might be what you are hearing. A technician will be able to pin point the issue.