Q: 2000 Audi A6; Any idea on an average amount of miles before the car starts having problems.

Found 00 audi a6 quattro with oil leak 130k..$1500.. nervous cuz it seems awful cheap. . I don't hv a boat load of money to sink into it. Jst curious how many miles that type of car usually handles without serious problems...I was told 250k but that seems high..

Most vehicles last between 250K to 350K depending on the maintenance that is performed. Some exceptions are when the vehicle is taken real good care of and lasts more than 350K miles. If the vehicle is at 130K miles and has many problems, then the maintenance was poorly done and you could repair the vehicle. I recommend performing a safety inspection and making sure that the vehicle is road ready.

If you need further assistance with an oil leak on your engine, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 2000 Audi A6; Any idea on an average amount of miles before the car starts having problems.