Q: When I turn to the right no matter how fast im going i hear and feel a popping noise in the steering column, not the front of car. 2003 Toyota Avalon

My main concern is, is this something that if it breaks or gets any worse and im driving while it happens can it be very bad. Also, how much would it cost to get fixed?

Hello - this is a bit unusual, although there is at least one flexible steering coupling in the column that could cause this behavior. And, if your car has the "telescoping steering wheel" option (the steering wheel can be adjusted closer or further away from you), this mechanism may be worn enough to behave like this. I recommend a steering inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• When I turn to the right no matter how fast im going i hear and feel a popping noise in the steering column, not the front of car. 2003 Toyota Avalon