Q: Car won't start, brake lights turn on

asked by on November 04, 2017

Car wont start the interior and break lights turn on but there's a clicking sound.

Hi there. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Usually, when you hear the clicking noise when you turn the ignition, and you have some power, it means your battery does not have enough cranking amps to engage the starter motor. This will require replacing the battery with a new one. It is possible that the alternator or other charging system component has also failed, causing the battery to wear out prematurely. It’s also possible that the starter relay or starter itself is damaged. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to determine exactly what is causing this problem - so the right repairs are made.