Q: car wont start after pumping gas.

So my concern with my vehicle is that when iam done pumping gas and i go to start up my car, it doesnt start like it should, it take about 5 tries before it starts up and stays running. What is the issue in my car that needs to be replaced?

Sometimes the fuel vapor system control valve leaks and causes fumes from the gas tank when filling it. This can get pushed into the engine causing an excessively rich condition (too much fuel) inside the engine.

Now when you go to start the engine, all these fumes are inside the engine and may take a few cranks in the engine to get the excess fumes worked out of the engine’s intake manifold. You can try to put the throttle to the floor and see if it starts better until you get this problem checked and fixed.

I recommend you have a mechanic come and check the car’s starting issue for you to see if the purge valve is stuck open and needs to be replaced, or if there is another problem that may need to be addressed.