Q: Auxiliary mode on stereo

asked by on October 06, 2016

My stereo switches to aux mode when I hit a bump while driving. I do not have an aux connection in the car so how do I get rid of this? Or how do I install an aux so that I can connect? I am sometimes unable to get it back to radio or CD mode because of this.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. It sounds like there could be a connection issue, an issue with your stereos electrical system, or a faulty stereo. First, I would remove the stereo and check all connections to verify that everything is plugged in. If this is not the issue, I would recommend having a qualified technician inspect the rest of the electrical system. If nothing in the stereos electrical system seems to be causing the problem, the technician may suggest you have a faulty stereo, and it will need to be replaced. Once the technician determines the issue, he may also be able to help you install an auxiliary adapter, so that you may use its functionality.