Q: Q: Check Engine Light stays on.

The check engine light comes on and stays on. Have reset and came back on. Replaced gas cap with OEM, reset and check engine light came back on. What else could it be and how much would it cost?

Hi there You should have the computer Check Engine Light scanned by a mechanic. Once the codes are received and the pinpoint test is completed, you should have a diagnosis of the failed component. A lot of times a code for a leak in the evaporative system is assumed to be a bad or there is a loose gas cap (which you have already replaced). A complete check may find leaking purge valves or other components. I recommend having a professional, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the Check Engine Light in person so that this can be properly resolved.

3. Q: Check Engine Light stays on.