Q: Loud clicking noise from top of engine and oil leaking after driving

Started my car yesterday morning and it made a loud clicking noise from the top of engine my husband drove It around the corner and back and noticed a long line of oil dripping. It wasn't having any issues the day before or at all. It was shaking a little while runnin .

My car has 70 thousand miles.

Hi there. The oil leak needs to be found first. If it is leaking a lot of oil or if the oil filter is leaking, then the low oil level will cause these symptoms. Once the oil leak is found and the oil level is topped off then the ticking will need to be diagnosed if it is still present. In most cases this is caused by a collapsed lifter.

These are a common failure on this engine and will require the top of the engine to be disassembled. If you want to have this diagnosed, consider a certified mechanic who can come to your home or office to diagnose the source of the sound and pinpoint the oil leak at your own convenience in order to get your car running properly again.

• Loud clicking noise from top of engine and oil leaking after driving