Q: 2002 Mustang GT fault codes

My son’s car was having an issue with a PCV hose, so we replaced the Hose as well as the PCV valve. He has a diagnostic tool that sends the codes to his phone. After clearing out the codes, several other codes came up. P0102 (Mass or volume air flow circuit low input), P0113 (IAT circuit high input), P0171 (System too lean-Bank 1, Bank 2), P0207 (Injectir circuit cylinder 7), P1130 (Lack of upstream heated oxygen sensor, also adaptive fuel limit Bank 1), P1150 (adaptive fuel limit bank 2). He bought the car last summer and installed an aftermarket intake. He doesn’t have a lot of money to sink in this car, he’s a junior in high school. I do know that he needs to replace the serpentine belt soon. Should any of these codes cause major concern, and what should focus on repairing first? Thank you for any advice.

All of the codes are important to resolve and it is likely that the engine is performing sub-optimally due to the underlying faults that have caused the codes to set. Some of the codes implicate the air intake system and so it would have to be determined if the aftermarket intake is causing any issues. Sometimes parts are not installed correctly or there could be air leaks or other damage. Also, some of the codes might be interrelated, that is resolving one might "automatically" resolve others. Typically, in the service manual, if you are working from a list of reported codes, as in your case, the codes will be prioritized, that is some of those codes should be tracked down and resolved first and then one looks to see if the other codes still remain. If you desire a quick resolution to this, the recommended service to request is a check engine light diagnostic. I would start with the basic check engine light diagnostic and the mechanic will advise you from there, based on his or her findings. Serpentine belt replacement is also available on a mobile basis if you desire that service, too. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.