Q: What does the AdvanceTrac® Light mean on the dash?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the AdvanceTrac® Light mean on the dash?

Your car is equipped with an advanced traction and stability control system called AdvanceTrac®. The system is always on unless you manually turn it off. The AdvanceTrac® Light should come on in the dash when you first crank the engine and then go off. If it comes on while you’re driving, it means that the system has been activated automatically and that slippery conditions have been detected. This is normal. However, if the light stays on, it means you need to have your traction control system inspected immediately.

Tip

If the light stays on, it means the traction control system is disabled. You can drive normally, but have the car inspected.