Q: Doesn't rev past 4k revs

asked by on July 17, 2016

Won't rev past 4k revs I have changed the plugs air filter and fuel filter no change ?

You may have a mass airflow sensor that is contaminated or not working correctly. The sensor can get contaminated by dirt, debris, and oil from aftermarket oil-type air filers. You can try and clean the sensor and use a standard paper type air filters. If it still has low power, then it will possibly need to have the mass air sensor replaced. If you want to have this looked at by an expert, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your vehicle’s loss of power.