Q: My water pump is leaking, do I need more coolant?

asked by on November 14, 2016

What can I do if my water pump is leaking? The car is low on coolant level so should I put more if the water pump is still leaking?

Can a gasket leak from the intake leak air into the cooling system?

Hi there. An intake gasket leak would allow unmeasured air into the intake and create a lean condition, not an overheating issue. Base on what you've described, it sounds like you may have a leaking cylinder head gasket. Adding sealants...

Losing coolant via the water pump

The symptoms you describe for your Audi lead me to believe that not only is your water pump failing, but coolant is finding its way into the exhaust system. This can happen a few different ways such as a blown...

Finding a rear axle leak on a 2000 Dodge

Normally it is either the gasket that is leaking at the back or the seal is leaking on the front pinion shaft where the drive shaft goes in and spins around. If you really want to find out what it...