Q: Car rattling upon acceleration.

When I accelerate my car makes a rattling noise that sounds like it is coming from underneath the car. It only does this when I am pressing the gas.

The noise you may be hearing is either the catalytic converter is rattling from being broken up inside it. You may be hearing an engine ping that sounds like a rattle from the engine. It could also be one of the front axles clicking or rattle. The only way to tell which one is to road test and hear the noise. I would recommend having a mechanic, like the certified ones at YourMechanic, come and check it out for you to see what is causing the problem.