Q: My brakes on my Jeep are squeaking after I replaced them?

Two weeks after I replaced only my break shoes, the brakes now squeak whenever I use them. Why is that happening after two weeks?

A: Hello. This will occur if the brakes are no...

Hello. This will occur if the brakes are not done correctly. When the brakes are done on this vehicle, the drums or rotors need to be machined or replaced. If they are not, then the pads will not break in correctly and this noise will come back. The only way to prevent noise is to do a proper brake job. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the brake noise and help follow through with proper repairs or adjustments.