Q: ABS T/C error light

I got an anti-lock braking system traction control (ABS T/C) error on my dashboard. I did an inspection and found the wire off the sensor completely frayed. I put in a new hub, and the new sensor resistance is at 990, and the harness is at 500. And both are holding steady. But I still get the error light. It was on all the time even when the engine was off, and I had the key turned to on before the new hub was put in. But if I turn the engine off now it will reset the error, and it won’t come on for a couple of minutes. It’s never taken longer than about 3 minutes for the error light to come back on. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2006 Buick Terraza. There is a possibility of the connector C305 under the drivers seat on the rear getting corrosion and damage from water getting on the connector. The connector is not a sealed connector and can get water-related corrosion. Disconnect and check the connection for problems. If the spread terminal side is corroded, then it should be replaced or the problem will return. Make sure to find and repair any water leaks found. If you need to have this looked at, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the ABS and TC Light for you.