Q: Shuts off while driving

My car shuts off while I am driving. I replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter, but it still does it.

The main cause of engine stall on this particular model vehicle is the mass air flow sensor. Normally, this will generate a code on the ECM, that can be detected with a scan tool. The MAF sensor generates a waveform based on how much air is flowing into the intake and the ECM adjusts how much fuel to send to the injectors based on the air flow. A faulty sensor will generate an erratic signal and cause the computer to stop the fuel flow from the injectors. I would recommend having a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come out and do some tests to check the MAF sensor and replace it as necessary.

3. Shuts off while driving