Q: Turned key to crank engine then realized it has no oil. Do you think it seized or is it ok

I drained the oil, then began disassembling the engine in order to replace intake and head gaskets. Once ready to remove the fuel rail & injectors, I first had to relieve the pressure in the fuel system. To do so I removed the gas cap & the fuel pump fuse and turned the key to Start the engine, letting it burn off what fuel was in the lines. BUT!!!!! After two turns of the key without the engine turning over I then remembered the engine is still empty of oil. At the same time as my realization I heard a quick ching\chunk metallic sound. The engine had only gotten 4-5 turn over strokes in before hand and never actually started. Do you think since it was just cranking It wouldn't have damaged anything? Or is it very likely the engine seized up and needs rebuilt? I feel like a damn idiot for such a stupid mistake....

If you just cranked over the engine a few times with no oil in it would not cause any issues except you would not have any oil to timing chain tensioners and may have caused the timing chain to jump or bent a valve in the process. I would continue to remove the heads as you were doing and then you can manually turn the crankshaft to see if it turns freely and then check tops of pistons for valve contact and damage?

3. Turned key to crank engine then realized it has no oil. Do you think it seized or is it ok